God first revealed the good news of Christ’s birth to these humble shepherds—and they weren’t about to keep their divine encounter to themselves! Being guests to the Messiah’s birth announcement changed the way they saw themselves and gave their lives purpose beyond tending sheep.
Read Luke 2:16-21:
- What kind of “Savior” are people looking for today? Are people looking for a spiritual Savior or one who can simply make their lives a little better?
- How has encountering Christ changed your identity?
- Does your life demonstrate that this is good news for “all people”?
- How can we be more intentional about worshiping God for the birth of Jesus with our family, Christian friends, and non-Christian friends?
- What are some ways to keep Jesus’ sacrificial work—which began with His birth—central to your thinking as you go about your week?
- What can you read or do this week that might lead you to a posture of worship that you are not accustomed to?
Other Scriptures to Engage with this week:
Ephesians 2:13-22, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21, Isaiah 26:1-19, Colossians 1:15-20, Philippians 4:6-9, Psalm 29:1-11.