Seeking God and waiting for His leading is the first step in learning His ways and walking His paths.
Read Psalm 25:1-7:
- What must the psalmist have believed about God that directed him to turn toward, trust in, and wait for the Lord?
- Are there some situations in your life that have caused you to turn to the Lord for protection and guidance? Why did you do so?
- Practically speaking, what does it mean to turn to the Lord, trust in Him, and wait for Him?
Read Psalm 25:8-15:
- According to these verses, what is God like?
- What is the connection between asking for God’s guidance and asking for God’s forgiveness of sin?
- How would you explain the “fear of the Lord” using the words of this passage?
Read Psalm 25:16-22:
- What advice would the psalmist give to someone in the midst of hardship and suffering?
- Do you find it easy or hard to turn to the Lord when in troubling circumstances?
- What does the psalmist offer to God when asking for forgiveness, graciousness, and deliverance?
Taking it home:
- In what circumstances in your life do you recognize the need for God’s guidance and support this week?
- Who on your Oikos list might God be leading you to care for (as His “hands and feet”) in their time of loneliness and affliction?
Ways to Pray:
- Adoration: Praise God for the ways He has demonstrated His mercy and steadfast love to you.
- Contrition: Repent of any stubbornness or pride that leads you down your own paths instead of God’s.
- Thankfulness: Thank God for teaching His ways to you and writing His Word on your heart (Hebrews 10:15-18).
- Supplication: Pray for God’s friendship with you to spread outward this week into your relationships with others.
Other Scriptures to Engage with this week:
- Isaiah 8:11-9:1
- Psalm 130
- Isaiah 49:1-12
- Luke 2:21-33
- Isaiah 49:13-26
- Jonah 3:10-4:11